Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore, let us go forth to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach. For we have no continuing city here, but we seek one to come.
Select a book to read:Complete Translation
¶1. A revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his slaves what must soon happen, and he made it known by sending his angel to his slave, John,
2.who testified of the word of God and of the witness of Jesus Christ, as much as he saw.
3. Blessed is the one who is reading and those who hear the words of this prophecy and who keep the things written in it, for the time is near.
¶4. John. To the seven Assemblies that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from the One who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits that are before His throne,
5.and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and ruler over the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and washed us from our sins in his blood,
6.and has made of us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen!
7. Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him. Yes, Amen!
¶8. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the
Lord God, the One who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
¶9. I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation, and kingdom, and perseverance in Christ Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and because of the witness of Jesus Christ.
10. I was in the Spirit on the
Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,
11.saying, “What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven Assemblies: to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamon, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
12. And I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I had turned, I saw seven golden lampstands,
13.and in the midst of the seven lampstands was one like a son of man, wearing a robe extending to his feet, and girded about the chest with a golden sash.
14. His head and his hair were white as wool, like snow, and his eyes were like a flame of fire,
15.and his feet were like fine brass glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters.
16. And he held seven stars in his right hand, and out of his mouth came a sharp, double-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in its strength.
17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man, but he placed his right hand on me, saying, “Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last,
18.and the one who lives and was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever! Amen! And I have the keys of death and of Hades.
19. Now, write down the things you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will come to pass after these things.
20. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the messengers of the seven Assemblies, and the seven lampstands are the seven Assemblies.”
¶1. “To the messenger of the Assembly in Ephesus, write:
¶He who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands, says these things:
2.I know your works, and your labor, and your patience, and that you cannot tolerate those who are evil. And you have put to the test those who make themselves out to be apostles, but are not, and you have found them liars,
3.and you have patience, and you endured for my name’s sake and did not grow weary.
4.Nevertheless, I have against you that you have left your first love.
5.Remember, therefore, from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works. Otherwise, I will come upon you suddenly and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
6.Yet, you do have this, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies! To him who overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life that is in the paradise of my God.
¶8. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Smyrna, write:
¶The first and the last, who was dead and is alive, says these things:
9.I know your works, and your suffering, and poverty (but you are rich), and the slander of those who claim to be Jews, and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
10.Do not fear the things you are about to suffer. Behold, the Accuser is now about to cast some of you into prison so that you might be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
11.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies! He who overcomes will not be harmed by the Second Death.
¶12. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Pergamon, write:
¶He who has the sharp, double-edged sword says these things:
13.I know your works, and where you are living – where Satan’s throne is – and yet you hold fast my name, and did not deny my faith even in the days in which Antipas, my faithful martyr, was slain among you, where Satan dwells.
14.Yet, I have a few things against you because you have there some holding the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to lay a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat food offered to idols and to commit fornication.
15.And you also have there some who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans.
16.So, repent! Otherwise, I will come to you soon, and I will wage war against them with the sword of my mouth.
17.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies! To him who overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and upon the stone a new name written which no one knows except the one who receives it.
¶18. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Thyatira, write:
¶The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire and whose feet are as fine brass, says these things:
19.I know your works, and love, and faith, and service, and your patience. And your last works are greater than the first.
20.However, I have against you that you put up with your wife – Jezebel! – who calls herself a prophetess, but who teaches and misleads my servants to commit fornication and to eat things offered to idols.
21.And I gave her time to repent, but she will not repent of her whoredom.
22.Behold, I am casting her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her, into great affliction, unless they repent of her works.
23.And I will kill her children with death. And all the Assemblies will know I am the one who examines the minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you according to your deeds.
24.But to you I say, to those who are left in Thyatira, as many as do not hold that doctrine, who have not known ‘the deep things of Satan’, as they say, I put no other burden on you.
25.Only hold fast what you do have until I come.
26.And he who overcomes and keeps my works until the end, to him will I give authority over the nations,
27.and he will rule over them with an iron rod (like potters’ vessels, they will be shattered), as I also received from my Father,
28.and I will give him the morning star.
29.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies!
¶1. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Sardis, write:
¶He who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars says these things:
2.Be watchful, and strengthen the things that are left, which are about to die, for I have not found your works perfected before my God.
3.Remember, therefore, how you received and heard, and hold fast, and repent! If you do not watch, I will come upon you like a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
4.Yet, you have a few names in Sardis who have not defiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.
5.He who overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot his name out of the Book of Life, but will confess his name before my Father and before His angels.
6.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies!
¶7. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Philadelphia, write:
¶These things says the one who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one closes, and closes and no one opens:
8.I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door which no one can shut, for you have little power, and yet, you kept my word and did not deny my name.
9.Behold, I am giving you some from the synagogue of Satan, those who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying. Behold, I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I love you.
10.Since you have patiently kept my word, I also will keep you from the time of trial that is about to come upon the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.
11.I am coming quickly. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
12.He who overcomes, him will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never again depart from it, and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that is coming down out of heaven from my God, and my new name.
13.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies!
¶14. “And to the messenger of the Assembly in Laodicea, write:
¶The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God, says these things:
15.I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I would that you were either cold or hot.
16.So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am about to vomit you out of my mouth.
17.Because you say, ‘I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing,’ and you do not know that you are wretched, and pathetic, and poor, and blind, and naked,
18.I advise you to purchase from me gold refined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness not be exposed, and eyesalve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.
19.As many as I hold dear, I rebuke and chasten. Be zealous, therefore, and repent!
20.Behold, I have been standing at the door, and I am knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will enter in to him and dine with him, and he with me.
21.He who overcomes, him will I grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat with my Father on His throne.
22.He who has an ear, hear what the Spirit is saying to the Assemblies!”
¶1. After these things, I looked, and there was an open door in the sky! And the first voice that I heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you things that must come to pass hereafter.”
2. Immediately, I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and on the throne sat One
3.whose appearance was like a stone of jasper and sardius, and a rainbow encircled the throne, in appearance like an emerald.
4. And around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones sat twenty-four elders clothed in white garments, and on their heads were crowns of gold.
5. And out of the throne came flashes of lightning, and voices, and peals of thunder. And seven lamps of fire were blazing before His throne, which are the seven spirits of God,
6.and before the throne was something like a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne and around the throne were four things that were alive, full of eyes in front and behind.
7. The first living thing resembled a lion, and the second living thing resembled a calf, and the third living thing had a face like a man, and the fourth living thing resembled an eagle in flight.
8. And each one of these four living things had six wings round about, and they were full of eyes within, and they took no rest day or night, saying, “Holy! Holy! Holy!
Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is to come!”
9. And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who was sitting on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever,
10.the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne, and they worship Him who lives forever and ever, and they throw their crowns before the throne, saying,
11.“You are worthy, our Lord and God – O Holy One! – to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will did they come into being and were created.”
¶1. Then, in the right hand of Him who sits on the throne, I saw a scroll, with writing on the inside and on the outside, sealed with Seven Seals.
2. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?”
3. And no one in heaven above, nor on earth, nor beneath the earth was able to open the scroll, nor even to look at it.
4. And I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll, nor even to look at it.
5. Then one of the elders said to me, “Stop crying. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome to open the scroll and its Seven Seals.”
6. And then I saw, standing in the midst of the throne and of the four living things, and in the midst of the elders, something like a slaughtered lamb, with seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the world.
7. And it came, and it took the scroll from the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
8. And when it took the scroll, the four living things and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one having a harp and golden bowls full of incense (which are the prayers of the saints).
9. And they sang a new song, saying, “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals because you were slaughtered. And with your blood, you purchased us for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.”
10. “And you made them kings and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth!”
11. And I looked, and I heard as it were the sound of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders, and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
12.saying with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and praise!”
13. And then I heard every created thing that is in heaven, and on earth, and beneath the earth, and upon the sea, and everything that is in them, all saying, “To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing, and honor, and glory, and might forever and ever! Amen!”
14. And the four living things kept saying, “Amen!” And the elders fell down and worshipped.
¶1. And I saw that the Lamb opened the first of the Seven Seals, and I heard one of the four living things say, like the sound of thunder, “Come!”
2. And I looked, and there was a white horse! And the one sitting on it held a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering, and to conquer.
¶3. And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!”
4. And there came out another horse, fiery-red! And it was given to him who rode on it to take peace from the earth so that men would slaughter one another, and a great sword was given to him.
¶5. And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I saw a black horse, and the one who sat on it held a balance in his hand.
6. Then I heard a voice in the midst of the four living things say, “A quart of grain for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and the wine!”
¶7. And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living creature say, “Come!”
8. And I looked, and there was a pale green horse! And the name of him who sat upon it was Death, and Hades was following him, and authority was given to him over a fourth of the earth, to slay with the sword, and with famine, and with deadly disease, and by the beasts of the earth.
¶9. And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw beneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and because of the witness of the Lamb which they possessed.
10. And they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Master, holy and true, will you not judge and avenge our blood upon those who dwell on earth?”
11. And a white robe was given to each of them, and it was said to them that they should wait for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers should finish their course, who were about to be killed as they also had been.
¶12. And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood,
13.and the stars of heaven fell to earth the way a fig tree, shaken by a strong wind, drops her summer figs.
14. And the sky was split apart like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island were shaken out of their places.
15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the military leaders, and the rich, and the powerful, and every slave and free man hid themselves in caves and among the rocks of the mountains,
16.and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
17.For the great day of his wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”
¶1. And after this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth so that no wind would blow on the land, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2. Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God, and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to harm the land and the sea,
3.saying, “Do not harm the land, nor the sea, nor the trees until we seal the slaves of our God on their foreheads!”
4. And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:
5.from the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand sealed; from the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand;
6.from the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand;
7.from the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand;
8.from the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand; from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand sealed.
¶9. After these things, I looked, and there was a vast multitude that no one was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches in their hands,
10.and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
11. And all the angels had been standing around the throne, and around the elders and the four living things, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshipped God,
12.saying, “Amen! Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen!”
¶13. Then answered one of the elders, saying to me, “These who are arrayed in white robes, who are they? And where did they come from?”
14. And I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And then he told me, “These are they who are coming out of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15.Therefore, they are before the throne of God, and they serve Him day and night in His temple, and He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.
16.They will not hunger any longer, nor thirst any longer, nor will the sun ever beat down on them, nor any heat,
17.for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will be their Shepherd, and he will guide them to fountains of living waters, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
¶1. And when he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2. And then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and Seven Trumpets were given to them.
¶3. And then another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer, and much incense was given to him to offer with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar that is before the throne,
4.and the smoke of the incense went up before God with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel.
5. And the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar, and he cast it to the earth, and there were peals of thunder, and voices, and lightning flashes, and an earthquake.
¶6. And the seven angels who had the Seven Trumpets prepared themselves to sound the trumpets.
¶7. And the first one sounded, and there was hail and fire mingled with blood, and it was cast to the earth, and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees was burned up, and all green grass was burned up.
¶8. Then the second angel sounded, and something like a big, burning mountain was cast into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood,
9.and a third of the creatures that live in the sea died, and a third of ships was destroyed.
¶10. And the third angel sounded, and a large star, blazing like a torch, fell from heaven, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
11. And the name of the star is called “Wormwood”, and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters because they were made bitter.
¶12. And the fourth angel sounded, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars so that a third of them was darkened, and the day did not shine for a third of it, and likewise the night.
¶13. Then I looked, and I heard a lone eagle say with a loud voice as he flew in the midst of heaven, “Woe! Woe! Woe to those who live on the earth because of the remaining sounds of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”
¶1. And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven that had fallen to earth, and the key to the shaft of the Abyss was given to him.
2. And he opened the shaft of the Abyss, and smoke came up out of the shaft like the smoke of a burning furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft.
3. And then, out of the smoke came locusts to the earth, and power was given to them like the power that scorpions of the earth have.
4. And it was said to them that they were not to harm the grass of the earth, nor anything green, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
5. And it was given to them not to kill but to torture them five months, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.
6. And in those days, men will seek death and will by no means find it, and they will long to die, but death will flee from them.
7. And the appearance of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle, and on their heads were things like golden crowns, and their faces were like men’s faces,
8.and they had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth.
9. And they had chests like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of many chariots with horses charging into battle.
10. And they have tails like scorpions, with stingers. And with their tails, they have power to hurt men five months.
11. They have as king over them the angel of the Abyss; his name in Hebrew is “Abaddon”, but his name in Greek is “Apollyon”.
12. The first woe has passed. Behold, two woes are still to come after these things!
¶13. And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a single voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God
14.telling the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Loose the four angels who are bound in the great river Euphrates!”
15. And so, the four angels were loosed who were prepared for the hour, and for the day, and month, and year to kill a third of mankind.
16. The number of the soldiers on horseback was ten thousands times ten thousands. I heard their number.
17. And this is how I saw the horses in the vision, and those who sat on them: they had fiery red, and hyacinth-colored, and sulfurous-yellow breastplates, and the heads of the horses were like heads of lions, and out of their mouths issued fire, and smoke, and sulfur.
18. By these three plagues, a third of mankind was killed: from the fire, and the smoke, and the sulfur that issued from their mouths.
19. Moreover, the power of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails, for their tails are like serpents, having heads, and with them, they do damage.
20. And the rest of mankind, those who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should cease to worship demons and idols of gold, and of silver, and of bronze, and of stone, and of wood which can neither see, nor hear, nor walk.
21. Neither did they repent of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their immorality, nor of their thievery.
¶1. And I saw a strong angel descending from heaven, clothed with a cloud, and a rainbow upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet, like pillars of fire,
2.and he held in his hand a little scroll, opened. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left, on the land,
3.and he cried out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. And when he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4. And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Seal the things which the seven thunders spoke, and do not write them.”
5. And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand toward heaven
6.and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there shall be no more time,
7.except in the days of the sound of the seventh angel, when he begins to sound his trumpet, and the mystery of God shall be accomplished, as He told His slaves, the prophets.
8. And the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go! Take the little scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.”
9. And so, I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take it, and eat it up. It will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth, it will be sweet as honey.”
10. So, I took the little scroll out of the hand of the angel and devoured it, and it was in my mouth like honey, sweet, but when I had eaten it, my stomach was made bitter.
11. And they said to me, “You must again prophesy concerning many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.”
¶1. And there was given to me a reed similar to a staff, saying, “Rise up and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and those who worship in it.
2.But leave out the outer court of the temple, and do not measure it, for it is given to the Gentiles, and they will trample the holy city forty-two months.
3.And I will give power to my Two Witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, dressed in sackcloth.”
4. These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the Lord of the earth.
5. And if anyone attempts to harm them, fire comes out of their mouth and consumes their enemies, and if anyone attempts to harm them, this is how he must be killed.
6. These have authority to shut heaven so that no rain falls during the days of their prophecy, and they have authority over the waters, to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with any plague, as often as they wish.
7. And when they have finished their testimony, the Beast that ascends from the Abyss will make war against them and overcome them, and he will kill them.
8. And their dead bodies will be in the street of the great city that is spiritually called “Sodom” and “Egypt”, where also their Lord was crucified.
9. And some of the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and they will not allow their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.
10. And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, and celebrate, and send gifts to one another because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.
11. Then, after the three-and-a-half days, a breath of life from God entered into them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who were looking at them.
12. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here!” And they went up into heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them.
13. And on that same day, there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell, and seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
¶14. The second woe has passed. The third woe, behold, is coming quickly!
¶15. And the seventh angel sounded, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our
Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.”
16. And the twenty-four elders who were sitting on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshipped God,
17.saying, “We give you thanks,
Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.
18.And the nations were enraged, and your wrath has come, and the time for the dead to be judged, and to give the reward to your slaves, the prophets, and to the saints, and to those, small and great, who fear your name, and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”
¶19. Then God’s temple in heaven opened, and within His temple, the ark of His covenant was seen, and there were flashes of lightning, and voices, and peals of thunder, and an earthquake, and large hail.
¶1. And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon beneath her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars,
2.and she was with child and cried out with birth pangs, being in the agony of giving birth.
3. And another sign was seen in heaven, and there was a great, fiery-red Dragon with seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns on his heads.
4. And his tail drew away a third of the stars of heaven, and he brought them to the earth. And the Dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth so that when she gave birth, he could devour her child.
5. And she bore a male child who is to rule all nations with an iron rod, and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.
6. And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, so that they may nourish her there for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
¶7. And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels warring against the Dragon, and the Dragon waging war, and his angels,
8.but he did not prevail; neither was there place found for him in heaven any longer.
9. And the great Dragon was cast out, the ancient serpent who is called the Accuser, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
10. And I heard a great voice in heaven saying, “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ, for the Prosecutor of our brothers has been cast out, who prosecuted them day and night before our God.
11.But they overcame him through the blood of the Lamb and through the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life, even to the death.
12.For this, rejoice, O heavens and those who dwell in them! Woe to the earth and the sea! For the Accuser has come down among you, having great anger, knowing that he has little time.”
¶13. And when the Dragon saw that he was cast down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who had given birth to the boy.
14. And they gave the woman two wings of a great eagle so that she could fly into the wilderness, to her place, where they will nourish her for a time and times and half a time, away from the face of the serpent.
15. Then the serpent spewed water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood.
16. But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the Dragon spewed out of his mouth.
17. And the Dragon was furious because of the woman, and went to make war against the remnant of her offspring, those who keep the commandments of God and have the witness of Jesus.
¶1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea. And I saw, coming up out of the sea, a Beast with ten horns and seven heads, and upon his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads were names of blasphemy.
2. And the Beast that I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like a bear’s, and his mouth was like the mouth of a lion, and the Dragon gave him his power, and his throne, and great authority.
3. And one of his heads seemed to be mortally wounded, but his mortal wound was healed. Then the whole earth marveled at the Beast,
4.and they worshipped the Dragon who had given authority to the Beast, and they worshipped the Beast, saying, “Who is like the Beast, and who is able to make war against him?”
5. And there was given to him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemy, and authority was given to him to wage war forty-two months.
6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name and His dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven.
7. And it was given to him to make war against the saints and to overcome them, and authority was given to him over every tribe and people and language and nation.
8. And they will worship him, all the inhabitants of the earth whose name is not written from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life of the Lamb who was slain.
9. If anyone has an ear, let him hear!
10. If anyone holds on to captivity, into captivity he must go. If anyone slays with a sword, he must be slain with a sword. Here is the patience and faith of the saints.
¶11. And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
12. And he exercises all the authority of the first Beast in his presence. And he set out to compel the earth and those who inhabit it to worship the first Beast whose deadly wound was healed.
13. And he performs great signs, so that he even makes fire to come out of heaven to the earth before men.
14. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by means of the signs that were granted him to do in the presence of the Beast, telling the inhabitants of the earth to make an image of the Beast who had the wound from a sword and lived.
15. And it was granted him to give breath to the image of the Beast so that the image of the Beast should both speak and cause to be put to death as many as will not worship the image of the Beast.
16. And he causes everyone, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, both free men and slaves, that they should give them a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
17.so that no one is able to buy or sell except he who has the mark, the name of the Beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the Beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred sixty-six.
¶1. And I looked, and there was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion! And with him was a number, one hundred forty-four thousand, having his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2. And I heard a sound from heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the sound that I heard was like harpists harping on their harps.
3. And they were singing a new song before the throne, and before the four living things and the elders, but no one was able to learn the song except the one hundred forty-four thousand who were purchased from the earth.
4. These are they who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These were purchased by Jesus from among men, firstfruits to God and to the Lamb,
5.and no lie was found in their mouth; they are without blemish.
¶6. And I saw an angel flying in the midst of heaven with everlasting good news to proclaim to the inhabitants of the earth, even to every nation and tribe and language and people,
7.saying in a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, for the hour of His judgment has come! And worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, and the sea and springs of waters!”
¶8. And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, who caused all nations to drink of the wine of her whorish passion.”
¶9. And then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the Beast and his image and receives a mark upon his forehead or upon his hand,
10.he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, who has poured it undiluted into the cup of His wrath, and he will be tortured by fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and before the Lamb,
11.and the smoke of their torment will ascend forever and ever, and they have no relief day or night who worship the Beast and his image, or whoever receives the mark of his name.”
12. Here is the patience of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
¶13. And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, ‘From now on, blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. Yes, says the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors, for their works follow them.’ ”
¶14. And I looked, and there was a white cloud! And sitting on the cloud was one like the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to the one sitting on the cloud, “Put in your sickle and reap, for the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
16. And the one who was sitting on the cloud thrust his sickle over the earth, and the earth was reaped.
¶17. And another angel came out of the temple that is in heaven, he, too, having a sharp sickle.
18. And another angel came out from the altar, having authority over fire, and he shouted with a loud shout to the one who held the sharp sickle, saying, “Put in your sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are ripe!”
19. And the angel thrust his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress as high as the bridles of horses for a distance of one thousand six-hundred stadia.
¶1. And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the Seven Last Plagues, for in them is the wrath of God completed.
¶2. And I saw something like a sea of transparent glass mingled with fire, and those who overcame the Beast and his image and the number of his name standing on the glassy sea, holding harps from God.
3. And they sang the song of Moses, the slave of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and marvelous are your works,
Lord God Almighty! Righteous and true are your ways, O King of nations!
4.Who will not fear you, O
Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy! All nations will come and bow before you, for your righteous ways have been revealed.”
¶5. Then, after these things, I looked, and the temple of the tabernacle of witness in heaven was opened,
6.and out of the temple came the seven angels who had charge of the Seven Plagues, clothed with clean, bright linen, and girded around their chests with gold sashes.
7. And one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden vials filled with the wrath of God who lives forever and ever.
8. And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and no one was able to enter into the temple until the Seven Plagues of the seven angels were accomplished.
¶1. Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, and pour out the Seven Vials of the wrath of God onto the earth!”
¶2. And the first went and poured out his vial onto the earth, and it became a foul and painful sore on the people who have the mark of the Beast and who worship his image.
¶3. And the second angel poured out his vial onto the sea, and it became blood as from a dead man, and every living soul that was in the sea died.
¶4. And the third poured out his vial into the rivers and the fountains of waters, and they became blood.
5. Then I heard the angel of the waters saying, “You are just, O Holy One, who is and who was, in making these judgments,
6.for they have poured out the blood of saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. They are worthy.”
7. And I heard the altar saying, “Yes,
Lord God Almighty! Your judgments are true and just.”
¶8. And then the fourth poured out his vial on the sun, and it was given to him to scorch men with fire.
9. And men were scorched with a fierce heat, and men blasphemed the name of the God who has authority over these plagues, and they did not repent to give Him glory.
¶10. And the fifth poured out his vial on the throne of the Beast, and his kingdom was darkened, and they began to gnaw their tongues because of the pain,
11.and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and they did not repent of their works.
¶12. And the sixth poured out his vial on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the east.
13. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon, and out of the mouth of the Beast, and out of the mouth of the False Prophet,
14.for they are miracle-working demon spirits, who go out to the kings of all the inhabited earth to gather them for the battle of the great day of God Almighty.
15. (“Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments, so that he does not go naked, and men see his shame.”)
16. And they gathered them to the place which is called in Hebrew, “Armageddon”.
¶17. Then the seventh poured out his vial on the air, and a great voice came from the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done.”
18. And there were flashes of lightning, and peals of thunder, and voices, and there was a great earthquake such as has not occurred since men were on the earth, so mighty an earthquake and so strong.
19. And the great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. And Babylon the Great was brought to remembrance before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His furious wrath.
20. And every island fled away, and mountains were not found.
21. And large hail, weighing about a talent, came down out of heaven upon men, and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, for the plague of it was very great.
¶1. Then one of the seven angels who had the Seven Vials came, and he spoke to me, saying, “Come. I will show you the judgment of the Great Whore who sits on many waters,
2.with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and by the wine of her whoredom are the inhabitants of the earth made drunk.”
3. So, he carried me away in spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored Beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns.
4. And the woman was arrayed in purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold, and precious stone, and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup that was full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication,
5.and on her forehead was written a name: “Mystery: Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots and the abominations of the earth.”
6. And I saw the woman drunk on the blood of the saints, on the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great wonder.
7. And the angel said to me, “Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the Beast that carries her, that has seven heads and ten horns.
8.The Beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the Abyss, and he is headed for damnation. And the inhabitants of the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the Beast that was, and is not, and yet, will be.
9.Here is the mind that has wisdom: The seven heads are seven hills upon which the woman sits.
10.And they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, and another has not yet come, and when he comes, he must continue a little while.
11.And the Beast who was, and is not, even he himself is the eighth, but he is one of the seven, and he is headed for damnation.
12.And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings one hour with the Beast.
13.These are of one mind, and they give their power and authority to the Beast.
14.These will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.”
15. Then he said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the Whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and languages.
16.And the ten horns that you saw, and the Beast, these will hate the Whore, and they will make her desolate and naked, and they will eat her flesh and consume her with fire.
17.For God put it in their hearts to carry out His plan, to have one mind, and to give their kingdom to the Beast until the words of God be fulfilled.
18.And the woman whom you saw is the great city that reigns over the kings of the earth.”
¶1. After these things, I saw another angel coming down out of heaven, having great authority, and the earth was made bright with his glory.
2. And he cried out with a powerful voice, saying, “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, and a prison for every unclean spirit, and a prison for every unclean and loathsome bird.
3.For all nations have drunk of the wine of her whorish passion, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich on the strength of her luxury.”
¶4. Then I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins, and receive of her plagues!
5.Her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her unrighteous deeds.
6.Reward her just as she has rewarded you, and repay her double, twice the amount of her works. In the cup that she mixed, mix for her a double portion.
7.As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury, give her just that much torment and grief. She says in her heart, ‘I sit as a queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never know sorrow.’
8.Therefore, in one day will come her plagues – death, and grief, and famine – and she will be consumed by fire, for the Lord God who has passed judgment on her is mighty.
9.And the kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived in luxury with her will cry and mourn over her when they see the smoke of her burning,
10.saying as they stand far off for fear of her torment, ‘Alas! Alas! The great city! Babylon, the mighty city! For in one hour has your judgment come!’
11.The merchants of earth also will cry and mourn over her because no one will buy their merchandise any longer:
12.merchandise of gold, and silver, and of precious stone, and pearl, and of fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet; and every kind of fragrant wood, and every ivory object, and every object made of precious wood, and of copper, and of iron, and of marble;
13.and cinnamon, and incense, and myrrh, and frankincense, and wine, and olive oil, and fine wheat flour, and grain, and cattle and sheep; and merchandise of horses, and of carriages, and of slaves; and souls of men.
14.And the fruits your soul lusted after have departed from you, and all precious things and splendid things are perished from you, and you shall never again find them. Never!
15.The merchants of these things who grew rich from her shall stand far off for fear of her torment, weeping and mourning,
16.and saying, ‘Alas! Alas! The great city that was arrayed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold, and precious stone, and pearls!
17.For in one hour is such great wealth come to nothing!’ And every shipmaster, and all who sail anywhere, and sailors, and as many as do business on the sea, stood far off,
18.and as they watched the smoke of her burning, they kept crying out, saying, ‘What city is like the great city!’
19.And they cast dust on their heads, and they kept crying out, weeping and mourning, and saying, ‘Alas! Alas! O great city, by which all who have ships on the sea grew rich through her magnificence! In one hour, she has come to nothing!’
20.Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, for God has judged your case against her!”
¶21. Then, one strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “Thus shall Babylon the great city be violently thrown down, and it will never be found again!
22.And the sound of harpists, and musicians, and flutists, and trumpeters will never be heard in you again, and no craftsman of any craft will ever be found in you again, and the sound of a millstone will never be heard in you again,
23.and the light of a lamp will never shine in you again, and the voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again, though your merchants were the prominent men of earth because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery.
24.And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all who have been slain upon the earth.”
¶1. After these things, I heard as it were a loud sound of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Hallelujah! Salvation and power and glory belong to our God!
2.His judgments are true and just, for He has judged the Great Whore who corrupted the earth with her whoredom, and He has avenged the blood of His slaves at her hand.”
3. And a second time, they said, “Hallelujah! And her smoke is going up forever and ever!”
4. And the twenty-four elders and the four living things fell down and worshipped God who sits on the throne, saying, “Amen! Hallelujah!”
5. And a voice came out of the throne, saying, “Praise our God, all His slaves and those who fear Him, both small and great!”
6. Then I heard something like the sound of a large multitude, or like the sound of many waters, or like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, “Hallelujah! For the
Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns!
7.Let us rejoice and be glad! And let us give Him glory! For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready.”
8. And it was given to her to be clothed with fine linen, bright and clean, for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9. Then one said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are they who are called to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.’” And then he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “Do not do that! I am your fellow slave and one of your brothers who have the witness of Jesus. Worship God!” (The witness of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.)
¶11. Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse! And the one sitting on it is called “Faithful and True”, and he judges and makes war in righteousness.
12. His eyes were a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns, and he has names written, and a name written which no one knew except himself,
13.and he was clothed with a blood-stained garment, and his name was called “the Word of God”.
14. And the armies that are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following him on white horses.
15. And out of his mouth went a sharp, double-edged sword, that with it, he may strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, and he himself will tread the winepress of the furious wrath of God Almighty.
16.And on his garment and on his thigh, he had a name written: “King of kings and Lord of lords”.
¶17. And I saw one angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come! Gather together for God’s great banquet,
18.that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of commanders, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, free as well as slaves, both small and great!”
¶19. Then I saw the Beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies gathered to make war against him who sat on the horse, and against his army.
20. And the Beast was taken, and with him the False Prophet who performed the miraculous signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the Beast and who worshipped his image. Those two were thrown alive into the Lake of Fire that burns with sulfur.
21. And the rest were slain by the sword of him who sat on the horse, which sword came out of his mouth, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.
¶1. And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2. And he seized the Dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Accuser, and Satan, who deceives the whole world, and he bound him a thousand years.
3. And he threw him into the Abyss and locked it, and set a seal upon it so that he would no longer deceive the nations until the thousand years were ended. Afterward, he must be released for a short time.
¶4. And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them, and I saw the souls of those who were beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshipped the Beast or his image and had not received the mark on their forehead or on their hand. And they came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5. (But the rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection; over these, the Second Death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him a thousand years.
¶7. And when the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be released from his prison,
8.and he will go out to deceive the nations that are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for the war, the number of them being as the sand of the sea.
9. And they came up upon the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down out of heaven from God and devoured them.
10. And the Accuser who deceived them was thrown into the Lake of Fire and Sulfur, where both the Beast and the False Prophet are, and they will be tormented night and day forever and ever.
¶11. And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face earth and heaven fled, and no place was found for them.
12. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne. And books were opened, and another book was opened (which is the Book of Life), and the dead were judged by the things written in the books, according to their deeds.
13. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one, according to their deeds.
14. And Death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the Second Death, the Lake of Fire.
15. And if anyone was not found written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.
¶1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed.
2. And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a loud voice from heaven, saying, “Behold! The dwelling-place of God with men! And He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them.
4.And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more. Neither will there be sorrow, nor crying, nor pain anymore because the former things will have passed away.”
5. And the One sitting on the throne said, “Behold! I am making everything new!” And He said to me, “Write! For these words are true and faithful.”
6. And He said to me, “I have become the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I, myself, will give freely of the fountain of the water of life to him who is thirsty.
7.He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God, and he will be my son.
8.As for the fearful, and faithless, and sinful, and filthy, and murderers, and the immoral, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the Second Death.”
¶9. And one of the seven angels who had the Seven Vials filled with the Seven Last Plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come. I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
10. And he carried me away in the Spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
11.having the glory of God. Its brilliance was like a precious stone, as a stone of jasper, clear as crystal,
12.having a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and upon the gates were twelve angels, and names written, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.
13. On the east were three gates, and on the north, three gates, and on the south, three gates, and on the west, three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and upon them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And the one speaking with me held a golden measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates, and its wall.
16. The city lay square, its length the same as its breadth. And he measured the city with the measuring rod to be twelve thousand stadia; its length and breadth and height were equal.
17. And he measured its wall, one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man (that is, of an angel).
18. And the building material of its wall was jasper, and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19. The foundations of the walls of the city were adorned with every precious stone. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;
20.the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, transparent like glass.
22. And I did not see a temple in it, for the
Lord God Almighty is its temple, and the Lamb.
23. And the city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God illuminated it, and its lamp was the Lamb.
24. And by its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
25. And its gates will never be closed by day – and night does not exist there –
26.and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it,
27.and no unclean thing will ever by any means enter into it, nor he who devises an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
¶1. And he showed me a pure river of living water, sparkling like crystal, coming out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2. In the midst of its street and on both sides of the river was a tree of life producing twelve fruit. Every month, each one yielded its fruit, and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
3. And there will no longer be any curse. And the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His slaves will minister to Him,
4.and they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.
5. And there will be no more night there, and they will have no need of a lamp or sunlight because the
Lord God will shine on them, and they will reign forever and ever.
¶6. And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true, and the
Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His messenger to show His slaves things that must quickly happen.
7.And behold! I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
¶8. And I am John, who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the messenger who showed me these things.
9. But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a slave with you and your brothers, the prophets, and with those who obey the words of this book. Worship God!”
¶10. And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.
11.He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he who is righteous, let him keep doing righteousness; and he who is holy, let him be holy still.
12.Behold! I am coming quickly. And my reward is with me, to give to each one according to his work.
13.I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
14.Blessed are they who keep His commandments so that the right to the tree of life will be theirs, and they may enter through the gates into the city.
15.Outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and the immoral, and murderers, and idolaters, and everyone who loves or devises a lie.”
¶16. “I, Jesus, have sent my messenger to testify of these things to you who are over the Assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”
¶17. And the Spirit and the Bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who is thirsty come. And he who is willing, let him take of the water of life freely.
¶18. I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book,
19.and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, the things which are written in this book.
¶20. He who testifies these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.”
¶21. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with all the saints. Amen.
 Both “Abaddon” and “Apollyon” mean “destroyer”.
 Many manuscripts have “deceives those who belong to me who dwell on the earth”.
 That is, about 200 miles.
 The Hebrew word means, “ the hill of Meggido”.
 Depending on the culture and time period involved, a talent could weigh as little as 57 pounds or as much as 130 pounds.
 For verses 22b–23a, cf. Jeremiah 25:10.
 Or, “the dwelling-place of God is with men!”
 Twelve thousand stadia is approximately one thousand four-hundred miles.
 Or, “to you [plural] for the Assemblies.”