Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore, let us go forth to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach. For we have no continuing city here, but we seek one to come.
Select a book to read:Complete Translation
¶1. The elder to the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all who have known the truth,
2.because of the truth that abides within us, and it will be with us forever:
3.Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, in truth and in love from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son.
¶4. I was overjoyed to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as we received commandment from the Father.
5. And now, I entreat you, lady (not as though I am writing a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning), that we love one another.
6. And this is love, that we live by His commandments. This is the commandment, which you have heard from the beginning, that you should live in it.
7. For many deceivers are gone out into the world, those who do not confess Jesus Christ when he comes into a person; this is the deceiver and the anti-Christ.
8. Take heed to yourselves, lest we lose the things we have worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9. Everyone who turns aside and does not remain in the doctrine of Christ does not have God; he who remains in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10. If anyone comes to you not carrying this doctrine, do not receive him into your house, and do not offer him a greeting,
11.for he who welcomes him partakes of his evil deeds.
¶12. Although I have many things to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink; however, I do hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy might be full.
13. The children of your chosen sister greet you. Amen.