Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore, let us go forth to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach. For we have no continuing city here, but we seek one to come.
Select a book to read:Complete Translation
¶1. Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ, brother of James. To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
2.May mercy, and peace, and love be multiplied to you.
¶3. Beloved, making all diligence to write to you concerning the common salvation, I felt constrained to write you, exhorting you to earnestly contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.
4. For certain men have crept in who were long ago designated for this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into licentiousness and denying the only Master, God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
¶5. Now, I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the
Lord, after He saved a people out of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.
6. Moreover, angels who did not keep to their own domain but left their proper abode, He has reserved in eternal chains, under gloomy darkness, until the Judgment of the Great Day,
7.just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, in a manner similar to these angels, giving themselves over to immorality and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire,
8. Likewise, these dreamers defile the flesh as well, and despise government, and rail against authorities.
9. Yet, Michael the archangel, when opposing the Accuser, disputing about the body of Moses, did not presume to bring against him a railing accusation, but said, “The
Lord rebuke you.”
10. Nevertheless, these slander whatever they do not understand, but whatever they comprehend naturally, like unreasoning beasts, in those things they ruin themselves.
11. Woe to them! For they have gone the way of Cain and, for reward, have given themselves to the error of Balaam, and they are destroyed in the rebellion of Korah.
12. These are spots in your love gatherings, feasting with you, feeding themselves without fear; they are clouds without water, carried along by winds; trees without fruit in harvest, twice dead and uprooted;
13.wild waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, for whom is reserved the blackness of eternal darkness.
14. Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these men, saying, “Behold! The Lord is coming with ten thousands of his saints
15.to execute judgment upon all, and to punish all the ungodly for all their ungodly deeds that they have performed in ungodliness, and for all the harsh things that the ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
16. These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own lusts, and their mouth speaks lofty things, having respect of persons so as to gain advantage.
¶17. But as for you, beloved, keep in mind the words that were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
18.for they repeatedly told you that in the last time, there would be scoffers, following their own ungodly lusts.
19. These are they who cause divisions, sensual, not having the Spirit.
20. But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith, praying in the holy Spirit,
21.keep yourselves in the love of God as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
22. And be merciful to those who doubt,
23.and others save with fear, snatching them out of the fire, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.
¶24. Now, to Him who is able to keep them from stumbling, and to make us stand without blemish in the presence of His glory with great joy,
25.the only wise God, our Savior, be glory and majesty, power and authority, both now and to all eternity! Amen.